Monthly Community Awareness Meetings
DAN holds monthly awareness meetings at the Peoria Public Library – North Branch location. These meetings are interactive and are intended to educate the community on the basics of dyslexia. We hold discussions, deliver presentations, show movies, host panel discussions featuring psychologists, experts, tutors, parents, children and adults with dyslexia.
Recent topics covered in these meetings include:
- The Basics of Dyslexia
- Social & Emotional Side of Dyslexia
- Panel of students with dyslexia
- Panel of adults with dyslexia
- Presentations from an ISBE mediator speaking on how to work with your child’s school
- Becoming an advocate for your student in their school
Contact us if you’d like to be added to our email/mailing list. We send updates on events, awareness, meeting information, related conferences and upcoming training.
Follow us on Facebook at Dyslexia Awareness Network
See our calendar of events for our awareness meeting dates.
We’re here to help! Call the Dyslexia Awareness Network at 309-679-0788 with questions or for help getting started.