DAN offers support services intended to enable teachers, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends of students with dyslexia to be strong advocates. This includes ensuring there is appropriate recognition of their diagnosed learning disability, reasonable accommodations and modifications granted them in their studies and, most importantly, their due care and equal treatment under the law.
Accommodations include, but not limited to:
- Extended time on tests and homework
- Word Banks (Word banks provide the support learners with dyslexia need with new or difficult words, reducing the learning curve often associated with introducing new vocabulary)
- Have tests and homework assignments read aloud
- Option of delivering oral reports, instead of written
- Leniency on grading grammar and spelling errors
We’re here to help! Call the Dyslexia Awareness Network at 309-679-0788 with questions or for help getting started.